CIM (Combat Insulation Medium) has been designed as a very durable outer shell for extended operations in extreme cold and wet environments. The reduced infrared signature (NIR) makes this jacket applicable for special operations use. Material selection was focused on rugged, light weight performance materials with little pack size. The Pattern has been constructed for high mobility and to harmonise with body contours.
Durable nylon woven fabric with rip stop structure features durable water repellent (DWR) coating and a wind blocking membrane with high waterproofness and breathability for optimal moisture management. Seal taped seams prevent intrusion of water and guarantee best possible protection during operations in demanding environments.
Climashield Apex is a very well performing insulation material with excellent thermal efficiency and has been well tested and used for military tasks. This feather light material has a high resistance to tearing, good moisture transfer qualities and can still be packed in a tiny space. The combination of 133g for body and 100g for sleeves achieved best results during development and field testing. The inner lining comes with the same featherlight and comfortable nylon fabric as we have already chosen for CIL jacket.
Neck and hood area are equipped with comfortable and warming fleece, the hood is fully adjustable and helmet compatible. All on the outer shell located zips are waterproof, both sleeves feature a sleeve pocket and hook & loop mounting surface. Large front pockets allow easy access even when wearing chest rigs or backpacks. The CIM also features pit zippers for easy venting and temperature regulation.
• Durable nylon woven fabric with reduced infrared signature (NIR) and durable water repellent coating
• Waterproof membrane (10'000mm hydrostatic head) with excellent breathability (MVP 10'000g/m2/d)
• Seal taped seams for best possible weather protection
• Climashield Apex insulation for excellent thermal efficience
• Pocket and hook & loop patches on both sleeves
• Fully adjustable helmet compatible hood
• Modern cut for great ease of movement
• Elastic cuffs on sleeves
• Roomy two way front pockets with good accessibility
• Pit zippers for easy venting
• Two-way front zip
• Waterproof zippers on outer shell
• Shell and lining 100% polyamide
• Membrane 100% polyurethane
• Insulation 100% polyester (Climashield Apex)
• 'Coats' sewing threads
Shipping weight: 770g